REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Contact us with any questions here.
Tentative Cost, Dates & Details
All plans are still tentative. We hope to have details finalized by June 1, 2021.
Before signing up for PEP-Hawaii, please read all details below thoroughly!
After reviewing, contact us here if there are questions.
1. COVID Uncertainty: Due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19, scheduling is subject to change at any time. Neither PEP, nor the Kulani and Halawa facilities, can yet predict the status of in-person classes in January 2022. There is a chance that programs could be canceled due to circumstances beyond our control. You will need to manage the risks below according to your own comfort level and your own financial situation.
2. Hotel Info: If you choose to stay in the hotel-room block with the PEP group between December 31 and January 17, your hotel cost will be $80/night (each room will have two people and two double-beds). The $80/night PEP rate is *not* available any other nights and it is only available at our selected hotels when PEP is in session. If you choose to arrive before your classes, or choose to stay afterwards, you will be responsible for finding/booking/paying for any additional hotel nights. See table above for travel dates. You can choose another hotel, but the daily shuttle to/from the prison facilities will be leaving from the PEP hotels: Ramada by Wyndham on Oahu and Hilo Hawaiian Hotel on The Big Island, so allow yourself time to get to the shuttle.
3. Hotel Cost: Your hotel payment will be due in full on November 15, 2021 (approx. $800) if you decide to stay at one of the PEP hotels.
4. Flights: You will book all flights on your own and pay your own airfare cost. Please do not book your airfare until you have been accepted to the program and until the program is finalized by June 1, 2021. With this said, please read the fine print of any reservations you book. If you book a non-refundable ticket and PEP is canceled, you will responsible for attempting to obtain a refund from your airline, which the airline may or may not grant.
5. Halawa vs. Kulani Facilities: The Halawa Facility is located on the island of Oahu. The Kulani Facility is located on The Big Island. You may select only one facility.
6. Airport Codes: If you are volunteering at Halawa, you will need to fly into Honolulu on the island of Oahu. The airport code for Honolulu is HNL. If you are volunteering at Kulani, you will need to fly into Hilo on The Big Island of Hawaii. The airport code for Hilo is ITO.
7. Consent Form: By submitting the Registration Form for PEP-Hawaii, you agree to all statements on the Consent Form here.
8. Registration Deadline: June 1, 2021.
9. COVID-Vaccine Required: Proof of a COVID-19 vaccine is mandatory to participate in PEP-Hawaii. No exceptions.
10. Eligibility: a) Volunteers must have volunteered for at least two semesters with PEP: you can count the Fall 2021 semester, and b) priority will be given to volunteers who have taught during a 2021 PEP session.
Questions: If you have any questions, please email us here.